Nourish your Body
Feed your thirsty skin with a beautiful homenade rose and honey scented beeswax body butter. You will need some rose essential oil (or your favourite scent), beeswax, honey, shea butter, coconut oil and sweet almond oil – a few ingredients, but it is very easy to make and your skin will love it!
- Approximately 1/2 cup of beeswax
- 1 cup of shea butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of sweet almond oil
- 12 drops of rose essential oil, or any other pure or blended essential oil e.g. Patchouli, Ylang Ylang, Geranium
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Melt the beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler on top of the stove.
- When all ingredients are completely melted, remove from the heat for a short time, then add the almond oil.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl that is large enough to accommodate an electric beater and refridgerate for 15 – 20 minutes or until the mixture is hard, but soft enough to whip.
- Remove the butter from the fridge, add the rose oil and honey.
- Whip the butter using an electric beater until thoroughly mixed. The more air that is incorporated into the butter, the lighter it will be.
- Scrape the butter into jars or tins and it is ready to use.
- Note 1: Idea adapted from http://www.keepingbackyardbees.com/lavender-honey-scented-body-butter