Condition a Wooden Board
Make sure your wooden boards stay fresh by melting a half teaspoon of beeswax with a cup of mineral oil (or coconut oil) and applying it to the board with a clean cloth. This mixture can also be used to nourish other wooden items e.g salad bowls and servers.
- 1/2 teaspoon beeswax
- 1 cup of mineral oil or coconut oil
- Melt the beeswax and mineral oil in a double boiler on top of the stove.
- When melted, pour the conditioner into a tin or jar.
- Apply the conditioner onto the surface of a wooden board with a clean cloth.
- Continue to rub in the conditioner until it is all absorbed into the wood.
- Use another cloth to buff up the board and remove any remaining residue.